How can I find out why a managed agent did not install?
Where does Security Manager store information about the status of a managed agent install?
Following are the steps used by NetIQ Technical Support to troubleshoot agent installation failures:
- Check the following Security Views to find out the cause of an agent installation failure in the Control Center Console.
- All Folders | Security Views | Central Computers
- Agent Manager alerts (Last 24 Hours)
- Check the following folder on the Central Computer for Log Files:
- <Install Drive>\Program Files\Netiq\Security Manager\OnePoint\InstallService\ComputerLogs
- Ensure name resolution via WINS or an LMHOST File or DNS is in place.
- Ensure the Remote Registry Service is started on the agent and central computer before attempting to scan agents.
- You can review services using the Component Services Administrative tool, located in the Control Panel.
- Check Permissions for the SM service account to make sure it has administrative rights over the prospective agent.
Refer to following knowledge base article to troubleshoot agent authentication failures errors:
How can I troubleshoot and resolve errors with Agent Authentication failures?https://www.netiq.com/kb/esupport/consumer/esupport.asp?id=NETIQKB33348