How do I prevent communication failure alerts when performing scheduled maintenance in Security Manager/Operations Manager?
Is there a way to schedule system downtime in Security Manager/Operations Manager so that communication alerts are not generated?
Operations Manager 3.30
Security Manager 3.X
Security Manager 4.X
Currently there is not a way to schedule a "downtime period" for alerts. However, you can manually mark agents as "ignored" during these maintenance periods using the following method:
In the MMC:
- Expand Operations Manager in the left pane. For Security Manager, expand Security Manager Monitor Console.
- Expand Monitor in the left pane.
- Expand Components in the left pane. For Security Manager, expand Infrastructure Components.
- Click on Agents in the left pane.
- In the right pane, select the agent you want to ignore.
- Right-click on the agent, and select the option that suits your needs. (i.e - Ignore Status Until Agent Reconnects - ignore the status until the agent reconnects, Ignore Status Forever - ignores the status even if the agent reconnects, or Stop Ignoring Agent - stops ignoring the status immediately.)
- For Security Manager, right-click on the agent, select All Tasks, and select the option that suits your needs.