What are the default refresh rates for the 'Today statistics' screens in the MMC and the Web Console?
Can refresh rates for the 'Today statistics' screens in the MMC and the Web Console be modified?
Security Manager 3.X
Security Manager 4.X
Security Manager 5.X
The 'Today statistics' screen is broken down into three categories, each with a different refresh rate that can be customized to suit your needs. The Computers, Alerts, and Service Level exception statistics are refreshed every five minutes. The events are updated every thirty minutes. The Performance, Rules, and Knowledge Base statistics are updated every hour.
The refreshing of the tabulated data for the Today Statistics items is not to be confused with refreshing MMC and Web Console views of the Statistics screens. The default refresh rate of the MMC 'Today' screen is 5 minutes and this is not configurable. It is only possible to adjust the refresh rate for the Web Console portal panes, including the Statistics portal, and you do this by clicking Personalize and editing the refresh rate in seconds for the View Settings.
The refresh rate of the data tabulation for each Today Statistics item can be adjusted by following these steps:
- Open SQL Server Enterprise Manager; select the SQL server containing the OnePoint database.
- Drill down to the Management folder and expand it.
- Expand SQL Server Agent, click once on Jobs.
- From the right pane, select the TodayStatisticsUpdate job you want to reconfigure.
- Select the Schedules tab, double-click on the job step.
- Click the Change button, and reconfigure the refresh rate in the Daily Frequency section of the window.
- Click OK until you're returned to the Jobs window. Repeat steps 4-7 to edit the refresh rate of the other TodayStatisticsUpdate jobs you'd like to reconfigure.
Currently, there are three jobs installed with the OnePoint database:
- TodayStatisticsUpdateComputersandAlerts (which refreshes the Computers, Alerts and Service Level Exceptions statistics)
- TodayStatisticsUpdateEvents (the Events statistics)
- TodayStatisticsUpdatePerfmonRulesKB (the Performance, Rules and Knowledge Base statistics).