How do I install Security Manager Agents to computers not in a domain or connecting through RAS?
Security Manager 3.X
Security Manager 4.X
In the following instances, you must use the ManualMC.txt file to modify the 'Managed Computers' list:
- The computer on which you manually installed an agent is not in a domain.
- The computer on which you manually installed an agent is connecting through Routing and Remote Access Service.
- The computer on which you manually installed an agent is within a domain that the Agent Manager cannot access, such as outside your interior network firewall.
- The Agent Manager service account does not have rights in the domain of the manually installed agent, such as in ?shadow account? situations where you are using password authentication.
The ManualMC.txt file contains a list of the computers for the Agent Manager to manage. The computers are forced into the 'Agent Manager Managed Computers' list. The Agent Manager automatically checks this file each time it scans.
To create and use the ManualMC.txt file to add computers to the 'Managed Computers' list:
- Create a text file named ManualMC.txt using a text editor such as Notepad.
- Type one computer name per line in the text file, listing each computer you want the 'Agent Manager' to manage. Do not list a domain name and do not list more than 500 computers.
- Save the file on the 'Consolidator/Agent Manager' computer in the <\OnePoint> folder where you installed the product, typically <Program Files\MCS OnePoint\OnePoint>.
- Perform a managed computer scan. For more information about performing scans, see the on line Help.