Directory and Resource Administrator 6.x
Error: 'Page cannot be displayed' received or blank right-hand pane displayed in the Directory and Resource Administrator MMC.
After launching the Directory and Resource Administrator MMC interface, the following symptoms may be seen:
Blank right-hand pane.
'The page cannot be displayed.' error message may be displayed on the right-hand pane.
Launching the Directory and Resource Administrator Web Console may generate the following error message:
'The page cannot be displayed.'
Use the following steps in IIS to ensure the that the Default Web Site is started.
- Go to Start>Programs>Administrative Tools>Internet Services Manager.
- Expand the server name and select Default Web Site.
- Right-click on Default Web Site and select Start if it is an available option.
Use the following steps to ensure that the configuration of Internet Explorer's proxy settings are correct.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Click on Tools>Internet Options.
- Select the Connections tab.
- Click the LAN Settings button.
- In the Proxy Server section, if the Use a proxy server box is checked, make sure the port used is 80 and that the Bypass proxy server for local addresses option is selected.
NOTE: If the above settings are configured correctly and the error still occurs, please refer to the following NetIQ Knowledge Base article:
NETIQKB1627: Error: 'Page cannot be displayed' received after launching the client interfaces for Directory and Resource Administrator.
NetIQ is aware of these configuration issues and will update this article with new information as it becomes available.