Directory and Resource Administrator 6.0
Directory and Resource Administrator 6.01
Directory and Resource Administrator 6.02
Directory and Resource Administrator 6.02 SP1
The Search Filter for the Add a Group to Group Task in the Web Console Does Not Restrict the Display to the Specified Search Criteria.
When an Assistant Admin performs the Add a Group to Group task using the Web Console and searches for groups matching a specified criteria, the resulting list includes all groups over which the Assistant Admin has powers and does not restrict the list to the specified search criteria.
The following are the steps to reproduce this issue in two places while adding a group to a group:
In the first four steps, the wizard is asking the user to select the group to which other groups will be added.
- Launch the Web Console for Directory and Resource Administrator.
- Select Group Tasks.
- Select the Add a Group to Group task.
- Type the letter A in the Group Name search field, click Go.
- All groups are now displayed. The search result was not restricted to the specified criteria.
The user will now be asked to specify the group to be added to the group selected in the first section.
- Select the desired group from the displayed list.
- Type the letter B in the Group Name search field, click Go.
- Again all groups are displayed instead of only those matching the specified search criteria.
This is caused by a search filtering issue which may occur when performing tasks on group objects.
The above issue was resolved with the release of Hotfix 4 for DRA 6.02 SP1 and is included in all subsequent releases. Install this hotfix on the Administration server and on any IIS servers running the Web component for Directory and Resource Administrator.
Download the lastest version of DRA:
Download: Directory and Resource Administrator (requires a password)
To obtain hotfix 4 for DRA 6.02 SP1 please contact NetIQ Technical Support.