Errors: 'The specified server cannot perform the requested operation' & 'failed to contact Exchange server XXX please contact a different exchange server'
- LDAP is not properly configured on the Exchange server.
- Incorrect permissions setup for the account logged on to the Exchange Migrator console.
- Using the option to 'Connect using these credentials' as alternate credentials from the account that is logged on to the Exchange Migrator console.
- The Exchange Migrator console is installed within the source domain, which may hinder kerberos authentication.
- The Exchange Migrator console has an incorrect configuration of Exchange DLLs.
- Check both the Configuration level and the Server level in the Exchange Administrator tool to make sure that the LDAP protocol is enabled, and is not using a conflicting port.
- For more information on trouble shooting LDAP and connectivity problems go to Microsoft's Technet Troubleshooting article.
- Please implement NETIQKB2202.
- Do not use the option 'Connect using these credentials', rather use the 'Connect using my logon credentials' option when creating the project.
- Be sure that the Exchange Migrator console is installed in the target domain.
- Ensure the Exchange Migrator console machine has the correct version and location of the Exchange DLLs as outlined in the following KB article:
Please contact Technical Support to create a Support Request for any issues you encounter that are not addressed by the User Guide, any Knowledge Base articles found on the website, or current Hotfixes or Service Packs available for download. available for download.
Exchange Migrator 1.x
Exchange Migrator 2.x