Directory and Resource Administrator 6.x
When trying to launch the NetIQ Administration MMC, the following error message is received:
'An error occurred while connecting to the Directory and Resource Administration server for [domain_name].
Could not locate the Administration server managing [domain_name]. To connect to a specific Administration server, click Advanced on the Specify NetIQ Administration server dialog, and then enter the name of the Administration server.'
Error: 'An error occurred while connecting to the Directory and Resource Administration server for [domain_name].'
The above error messages can occur if the DRA agent has not been installed on all domain controllers. The agents may not be installed when the option to automatically install the NetIQ DRA Agent on all domain controllers has not been selected.
In order to connect from the NetIQ Administration MMC client to the Directory and Resource Administrator (DRA) server when DRA agents are not installed on all domain controllers, please perform the following steps:
- Launch the DRA MMC logged on as an Assistant Admin.
- Click the Select a Server button.
- Select the managed domain from the drop down list.
- Click on the Advanced button.
- Select the second option, Connect to the following NetIQ Administration server for this managed domain or computer.
- Specify the name of the Directory and Resource Administrator server in the form \\computername.
- Click OK.
The NetIQ Administration MMC will directly connect to the specified Directory and Resource Administrator server after performing these steps.
This issue is no longer a problem in DRA version 7.0 and later.