NetIQ AppManager 7.0.x
How can I see real time monitoring of the Management Server service.
It is sometimes necessary to view current activity of the NetIQms service for troubleshooting purposes. The easiest method to accomplish this is to simply run the NetIQms process in console mode by stopping the NetIQms service, then from a Command Prompt on the Management Server, issue the following command:
All activity will be logged to the Command Prompt display.
If, however, the NetIQms service is located on a remote machine, and no remote access is available, it is possible to redirect this logging to the local machine WITHOUT stopping NetIQms.
- From the AppManager Operator Console's Extensionsmenu, select NetIQCtrl.
- Expand the current DOS window's buffer to include several hundred lines.
- Confirm the NetIQms service is running on the Management Server by issuing the following command (where mshost is the name of the Management server machine):
PING mshost NETIQMS
- If the NetIQms responds, then issue the following commands:
DEBUG mshost NETIQMS 85 65535
DEBUG mshost NETIQMS 86 65535
DEBUG mshost NETIQMS 87 65535
OUTPUT mshost NETIQMS HERE
- Once logging is complete, the logging can be disabled as follows:
OUTPUT mshost NETIQMS OFF
DEBUG mshost NETIQMS 85 0
DEBUG mshost NETIQMS 86 0
DEBUG mshost NETIQMS 87 0