NetIQ AppManager Security Manager 7.0.x
Microsoft Windows 200x
Microsoft SQL Server 200x
AppManager Security Manager takes up to several minutes to start, or hangs indefinitely during the login process.
Remove the group from SQL Security Manager.
To determine which group is causing the problem:
- Open the SQL Security Manager (from the SQL Server program group on the SQL Server).
- Select User Privilege from the View menu.
- Click once on each group listed. If the group's member list appears immediately, then that group is not the problem.
- The group causing the problem will cause a delay of several minutes, or give an immediate error, when it is selected.
To remove the problem group perform the following steps:
- Select the offending group
- Select Revoke from the Security menu.
This process may take a few minutes. Once the group has been revoked, check each of the remaining groups. Select SA Privilege from the View menu, and check each group listed in this view.
Once the problem group(s) has been removed, the AppManager Security Manager should start without any delays.
A Domain user Group that is either unreachable or corrupt has been imported to SQL via the SQL Security Manager. SQL Server, in turn, is having problems properly enumerating the users within the group. The SQL Security Manager will display the same delay when accessing that group.