Can the Web Console be configured to prompt for a username and password each time it is launched?
Directory and Resource Administrator 7.x
Yes, the Assistant Admin can be prompted for a username and password every time the Web Console is launched. The following changes need to be made on the Internet Information Services (IIS) server running the Directory and Resource Administrator Web Component:
- Launch the Internet Services Manager.
- Under the Default Web Site of the IIS server, right click on the DRA or OnePoint folder and click Properties.
- Select the Directory Security tab.
- Click the Edit button for Anonymous access and authentication control.
- Clear the check box for the Integrated Windows authentication option.
- Select the check box for the Basic authentication option.
- Click OK to close the Authentication Methods properties page.
- Click OK to close the DRA Properties or OnePoint Properties page for the virtual directory.
Note: These changes will affect only the Assistant Admins connecting to this particular IIS server when attempting to launch the Web Console. If a seperate IIS server is used by other Assistant Admins, please perform the above steps on that server to achieve the same result.
Configuring a virtual directory to use Basic authentication requires that the Assistant Admin have 'Log on locally' rights on the IIS server. For more information refer to the following knowledge base article:
NETIQKB38264 - Do Assistant Admins require 'Log on Locally' rights on the server when using the Web Console?