This hotfix addresses a few potential problems, and increases reliability:
Enhanced support for the following features in all migrations:
- Preserves migrated distribution list membership after directory synchronization, when members exist on multiple sites in the same Exchange organization.
- Correctly populates migrated distribution lists that have custom recipient placeholders on the target Exchange organization. If the directory synchronization utility creates custom recipients as placeholders on the target organization, Exchange Migrator now correctly adds them to the appropriate migrated distribution lists.
- Correctly migrates distribution lists after using the directory synchronization tool to synchronize the distribution lists.
- Correctly migrates mailboxes to an Exchange 2000 target when the mailbox display name contains a comma (,) and an object exists on the target with the same display name.
- Directory Synchronization created duplicate source custom recipients. Directory synchronization now correctly creates source custom recipients.
- Detects conflicts for conflict handling within the target Exchange site rather than in the target Exchange organization.
- Correctly forwards mail sent to a mailbox on the source Exchange organization after you migrate the mailbox to another Exchange organization when you select these migration options: create source custom recipients, translate source email addresses to the target domain, and use source email address as the reply-to address.
To install this hotfix, exit Exchange Migrator and run the EMQ12405.EXE file on the computers where Exchange Migrator is installed. For additional information, contact Technical Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hotfix Q12405 is now included in hotfix Q12440
Please contact Technical Support to create a 'Support Request' for any issues you encounter that are not addressed by the User Guide, any Knowledge Base articles found on the website, or current Hotfixes or Service Packs available for download.