Exchange Migrator 1.x
Exchange Migrator 2.x
You will need to either load the SQL tools onto the box where the MSDE database resides or, if you have SQL running on your network, you can add the MSDE database as a SQL Server Group.
To add a SQL Server Group you will need to do the following:
- With SQL Server Enterprise Manager open, right click on Microsoft SQL Servers and select New SQL Server Group. You will be prompted with a dialog box to name this new group.
- Once you name this group, you will then right click on this new group and select New SQL Server Registration, this wizard will step you through connecting to your MSDE database.
- When prompted with the screen 'Select a SQL Server', you will need to enter the computer name of the machine which the Exchange Migrator MSDE resides on.
- The screen 'Select an Authentication Mode' appears, you should connect using: 'The SQL Server login information that was assigned to me by the system administrator.' (SQL Server authentication).
- After clicking next, you will see the screen, 'Select Connection Option.' You should choose 'Login automatically using my SQL Server account information.'
- Now you will see 'Select SQL Server Group.' Here is where you can specify what SQL Group to add the SQL Sever to.
Once you have completed this, you will now be able to connect to the EMA database and browse through the tables.