How do I upgrade or install a license for Domain Migration Administrator/Server Consolidator?
Domain Migration Administrator 6.x
Domain Migration Administrator 7.x
Server Consolidator 2.0
Server Consolidator 7.x
As of the release of DMA 7.2, you can install/upgrade your license using the following method:
- Launch DMA
- Select Domain Migration Administrator in the left hand pane
- Right click
- Select View
- Select About Domain Migration Administrator
- Click the Upgrade License button
- Browse to the license file (*.lic)
- Click Open
Here are some additional methods of installing/upgrading a Domain Migration Administrator/Server Consolidator license:
- Go to a command prompt and type the following command:
Domain Migration Administrator (DMA) will present a dialog box that will allow you to browse to the location of the new license file. Select the license file and click OK.
Browse to the DMA installation directory (
\Program Files\NetIQ\DMA) and double-click licinstall.exe. DMA will present a dialog box that will allow you to browse to the license file.
Run Setup.exe from the DMA installation files and choose the option to upgrade the license.
Note: You cannot reinstall a trial license or install a trial license over a permanent license.
The different types of licenses provided by NetIQ are:
- Trial license (included with download or can be generated)
- Lease license (to extend a license)
- Permanent license (can have an expiration date)
Product license files can be obtained from your NetIQ Sales Representative.