What are the access account considerations when promoting a secondary Directory and Resource Administrator server?
Directory and Resource Administrator 6.30 SP1
Directory and Resource Administrator 6.60
Directory and Resource Administrator 6.30.01
Directory and Resource Administrator 6.40
Directory and Resource Administrator 6.50
When managing a Multi-Master Set, use the MMC interface to specify an access account for each secondary server on the primary server. This access account is the service account for the secondary server and is required to complete a successful replication. Any secondary server that is promoted in this set must also have the correct access accounts in order to communicate with all remaining secondary servers. If the secondary server is promoted without specifying the correct access accounts, the remaining secondary servers will not recognize the new primary server and will not receive any communications from it.
If a secondary Administration server is promoted without specifying the correct access accounts, the following steps must be performed for all secondary servers in the server set to allow the new primary server to communicate with them:
- Connect to the primary Administration server.
- In the console tree, expand Configuration.
- Click Administration servers.
- In the display pane, click the secondary server for which you want to specify an access account.
- Click Properties.
- Select the Access accounts tab.
- Select Use the following account to access this server.
- Specify the account information.
- Click OK.
For more information about promoting a secondary server, see 'Promoting a Secondary Administration Server' in the Help.