What options does Server Consolidator have to determine if existing files should be replaced?
How does Server Consolidator determine whether existing files, directories, and/or their permissions are replaced?
What are the File and Directory Collision Options in the Migrate Files, Folders, and Shares Wizard?
Server Consolidator 2.0
Server Consolidator 7.x
The Server Consolidator product provides the following options for handling existing files.
As shown in the preceding image, you have the option to:
- Always replace files and folders (Always Replace): This option will replace all files and folders.
- Replace files and folders only if they are different (Replace if the source object dates are more recent): This option will replace files based on the criteria selected.
- Assume they are the same if size and date match (Assume files are identical if the size and date match)
- Compare file content if size and date match
- Replicate permissions even when size and time stamps are identical (Replicate permissions even if the files or directories are identical or the target object date is more recent): This option will update the permissions whether or not the files and folders were updated.