Domain Migration Administrator 7.1
The 'Analyze' button is a new feature added to DMA version 6.3 that adds some automation to the process of security translation. The 'Analyze' button can narrow down the list of all computers in the domain to only those that are relevant to the security translations you need to do. When you use 'Analyze', the computer selection screen for Security Translation will only show the computers where your migrated users have ACLs to translate. Note, security translation is performed after the users and groups have been migrated. To use the 'Analyze' feature, you should follow these steps:
In order for 'Analyze' to automatically populate the computer list with the specific computers needed for security translation, you need to run a report from the Impact Analysis group.
To generate the report:
- Open your user/group migration project in DMA and right click the Reports and select Reporting Wizard.
- Accept the defaults until you get to the Report Selection GUI.
- Run all reports for Impact Analysis.
- Follow the remaining GUIs to completion.
To use the Analyze button:
- Choose the 'Translate Security Settings' wizard and follow the GUIs until you reach the computer selection GUI.
- Choose Analyze only (do not choose 'Add')
You should now see that DMA has populated the object selection GUI with computer names. These are the computers that DMA has determined require security translation based on the users you selected to translate security for.
The 'Analyze' feature works best from DMA 6.3 with Hotfix 4 applied.
- NETIQKB861: What hotfixes are available for Domain Migration Administrator 6.3?