To increase the size of the OnePoint database:
- Stop the Consolidator server (OnePoint service for SM 5.0 and NetIQ Security Manager service for SM 5.1 and greater) and the MSDTC service on all Consolidator machines and all DAS machines.
- Close all instances of the console (Operations Manager MMC, SM 5.1/5.5 Monitor and Development Consoles, SM 5.1/5.5 Incident Management Consoles, and Web Console sessions).
- Stop all reporting batch jobs (they will attempt to contact the database).
- Open SQL Enterprise Manager and go to SQL Server Group | <server name> | Management | SQL Server Agent | Jobs.
- In the right pane, right-click on OnePoint-Groom Events and select Start Job and then select Start.
- Wait about 5 to 10 minutes and do the same for OnePoint-Groom Alerts, then OnePoint-Groom Sampled Numeric Data. You can check the status of these jobs by looking at the Status and Last Run Status (Start Date).
- When finished, check the OnePoint database size and the transaction log size. If you were able to groom data, your database will be functional again and you can turn on the Consolidator OnePoint service. If the file sizes are unchanged, first expand the OnePoint database and transaction log by an additional 100MB each, then repeat the above procedure.
- You will need to expand the database to accommodate the data coming from your agents. To achieve a balance between event insertion and database grooming, while still leaving some free space in the database, you will need to apply filters, look at the grooming settings, calculate agent data output, etc.
Contact Technical Support if you need assistance with properly configuring your installation for data collection.