NetIQ Group Policy Administrator 2.0
NetIQ Group Policy Administrator 3.0
Unable to view the impact of a GPO recently created in Active Directory when performing RSoP analysis.
It is likely that GPO was created on a particular domain controller which has not been replicated to other domain controllers. The Administrator or the Planning & Analysis snap-in might be connected to a different domain controller. By default, the Administrator and the Policy Auditing & Diagnostic snap-in points to the PDC emulator where as the Planning & Analysis snap-in points to the nearest domain controller.
In order to point the snap-in to a different domain controller perform the following steps:
- Launch the Group Policy Administrator MMC console.
- Highlight the desired snap-in (Administrator, Planning & Analysis, or Policy Auditing & Diagnostics).
- Right-click and select Connect to domain.
- Select the Select Domain Controller radio button.
- Click the button next to the Domain Controller: field.
- Select the desired domain controller from the Choose Domain Controllers dialog box.
- Click OK.
- Click Finish.
NOTE: The above steps must be performed for each of the three snap-ins individually.