Is the Directory and Resource Administrator 6.30 MMC interface compatible with Administration server version 6.30 SP1?
Directory and Resource Administrator 6.30
Directory and Resource Administrator 6.30 SP1
Yes, client computers running the MMC interface version 6.30 are compatible with Administration server computers running version 6.30 SP1. However, MMC clients version 6.02 SP1 or earlier are not compatible with Administration server version 6.30 and later.
The following is a list of improvements included in the MMC interface version 6.30 SP1 which will not be obtained unless the MMC interface is upgraded:
- The MMC interface provides a type-first feature. It gives the option to either type-first or browse-first when performing the following group membership tasks:
- Add a user account, group, contact, or computer to a group through the Member of tab in the properties window for that object.
- Add an object to a group through the Members tab of the Group Properties window.
- The MMC interface does not automatically enumerate objects matching the selected rule in the ActiveView management node. Click Show rule members in the Object rules tab to enumerate the matching objects for the selected rule.
- The user interface no longer times out during the following situations:
- An Assistant Admin rule or an ActiveView rule specifies a group that does not exist or has been renamed.
- An attempt is made to add an unavailable domain.
- An attempt is made to manage objects from an unavailable domain or from a large domain.
- Corrects performance and connection issues that may occur when attempting to use the MMC interfaces, after migrating from Enterprise Administrator 5.0.
- Corrects an enumeration issue that may occur when an ActiveView rule uses a wildcard specification for printers.
For best performance it is recommend that all MMC interfaces be upgraded to version 6.30 SP1.