What information is replicated from the primary Directory and Resource Administrator server to the secondary servers during synchronization?
What information does not need to be configured on the secondary DRA server(s) due to Multi-Master synchronization?
Directory and Resource Administrator 6.x
Directory and Resource Administrator 7.x
Directory and Resource Administrator 8.x
There are two types of DRA servers in a Multi-Master Set: Primary and Secondary. The Primary server is where any changes to ActiveViews, Policies, roles, etc. are made. The Primary DRA server replicates security data changes to all Secondary servers on a regularly scheduled basis. Security data changes are applied immediately when a Secondary DRA server receives an update.
The following information is replicated from the Primary DRA server to all the Secondary servers in that Multi-Master Set:
- DRA Security Definitions - ActiveViews, Assistant Admins/Assistant Admin Groups, Roles, Custom Powers/Roles and User Interface Extension Pages.
- Policy - Exchange Policies, Home Directory Policies, Custom Policies and Pre and Post Task Triggers.
- Domain Configuration - Managed domains and Trusts
- List of all Secondary Servers in the Multi-Master Set
For more information on Multi-Master support, refer to the following NetIQ Knowledge Base article:
- NETIQKB221: What is Multi-Master support in Directory and Resource Administrator and how does it work?
For more information on what is not replicated during a Multi-Master synch, refer to the following NetIQ Knowledge Base article:
- NETIQKB46446: What information is not replicated from the primary DRA server to the secondary DRA servers during Multi-Master synchronization?