Can a local web server be specified for the Directory and Resource Administrator MMC interface to connect to?
Directory and Resource Administrator 6.x
To specify a different IIS server running the Web Component for Directory and Resource Administrator, perform the following steps in the Directory and Resource Administrator (DRA) MMC interface:
- Launch the DRA MMC interface.
- Highlight Directory and Resource Administrator.
- Right click and select Change Web server.
- On the Specify Web server screen, select Specified Web server and select the name of the Web Server from the dropdown list or enter it in the space provided in the following format:
The Web Server selected must have the IIS Admin Service running and the Web Component for DRA 6.x installed.
Specifying a local IIS server for the DRA MMC interface increases the performance, conserves bandwidth, and reduces the load on the DRA server.
To save this setting so the DRA MMC interface always connects to the specified IIS server, please perform the following steps:
- Close the MMC.
- Click Yes when prompted to Save console settings to DRA.
The next time the DRA MMC interface is launched it will connect to the specified IIS server.
NOTE: If using DRA version 6.30 SP1 and earlier the DRA snap-in is called NetIQ Administration.msc.