Micro Focus Filr 4.3
When attempting to update the Filr Search server to version 4.3, the following message is presented:
The Update process has reported a warning or error. Review the returned text below:Problem: product:Filr-4.3-0.x86_64 requires product(Filr) = 4.3-0, but this requirement cannot be provided
Solution 1:deinstallation of product:Filr-4.3-0.x86_64
Solution 2:do not install patch:Filr-4-2021-14-1.noarch
Solution 3:break product:Filr-4.3-0.x86_64 by ignoring some of its dependencies
The Micro Focus Filr team is looking into a solution. Until that time, the upgrade can be completed by following the instructions below.
- Ensure the Filr service is not running on any Filr nodes.
- rcfilr status
- Run this command on the Filr server to check the status.
- rcfilr stop
- Run this command on the Filr server to stop the service.
- At the Filr Search terminal, run this command:
- zypper rm open-vm-tools
- hit y to continue
- Paste this command into the Search server terminal session
- zypper dup --auto-agree-with-licenses --replacefiles --allow-vendor-change
- hit y to continue with each prompt
- After completed, reboot the Search Server
- Repeat these steps on other Search servers.
- Paste the following command into a terminal session for each Search Server:
- zypper in open-vm-tools
- Upgrade the Filr Nodes.
The Filr 4.3 upgrade has conflicts with some versions of VM Tools.