NSL 8.8, upgraded from 8.6
eDirectory mode with OES Client
"Enable passphrase security system" disabled
"Password protect the system tray icon" enabled
After upgrading from SecureLogin 8.6 to 8.8 users can no longer unlock the system tray with their network password.
Password fails to open "manage logins" with NSL 8.8.
Incorrect password error is returned
Problem does not occur with NSL 8.6
Uninstall SecureLogin, and reinstall with a certificate. Steps:
- Save the responsefile.ini from the current SecureLogin installation to a safe location. It will be located in C:\NSLfiles
- Uninstall SecureLogin through Control Panel, Programs, Uninstall a program..
- Verify that C:\Program Files\NetIQ\SecureLogin has been removed (delete it if necessary)
- Verify that HKLM\Software\Protocom has been removed from the registry (delete it if necessary)
- Rename or remove the local cache file (this step may not be necessary) located at C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\SecureLogin\Cache\V3SLC
- Export the root CA certificate from iManager as described in section 6.1.1 of the SecureLogin 8.8 installation guide at https://www.netiq.com/documentation/securelogin-88/installation_guide/data/bifhbgz.html
- Copy the root CA to the workstation, note the path to the certificate
- Edit the responsefile.ini saved in step one to add a CertPath value. Enter the path noted in step 8.
- Install SecureLogin using the responsefile.ini as documented in section 8.2.9 of the SecureLogin 8.8 Installtion Guide at https://www.netiq.com/documentation/securelogin-88/installation_guide/data/blcgk41.html