Micro Focus iPrint
MacOS Big Sur
When upgrading to a new version of Mac (in this case, to version MacOS Big Sur) with the Micro Focus iPrint client already installed, installing new printers results in a CUPS authentication prompt.
Credentials for [Server Name]The iPrint printer does not get installed no matter which credentials are provided.
Realm Name Local iPrint/CUPS user account
Micro Focus is investigating this issue.
- Launch System Preferences by selecting it from the Apple menu, or by clicking its icon in the Dock.
- Select the Printers & Scanners preference pane.
- In the Printers & Scanners preference pane, place your cursor in an empty area of the printer list sidebar, then right-click and select Reset Printing System from the pop-up menu.
- You will be asked if you really want to reset the printing system. Click the Reset button to continue.
- You may be asked for an administrator password. Supply the information and click OK.
- Uninstall the iPrint Client for Mac. Install the latest version of the iPrint Client for Mac.