Micro Focus iPrint Appliance 4.x
The physical network printer is AirPrint capable and IPP is enabled, but the AirPrint option within the iPrint Appliance Console shows as grayed out and therefore cannot be enabled.
Configure the iPrint printer's gateway autoload command to show the IP address instead of a DNS name. This can be accomplished by:
- Go to https://<iPrintApplianceAddress>/psmstatus
- Log in with the admin user
- Click the printer in question.
- Click the "Configuration Options" link for the printer
- Click within the "Gateway Autoload Command" field.
- Change the DNS name of the printer to the IP address of the printer
- iprintgw PORT=LPR HOSTADDRESS=10.0.15.73 PRINTERNAME=PASSTHROUGH
- Click the Apply button
- Click the Back button (upper left).
- Choose to Shutdown the printer, the choose to Startup the printer.
- Refresh the Printers list within the :9443 page. (Refresh button in the upper right of the page)
- You should be able to enable the printer for AirPrint now.
This is a defect with Appliance's AirPrint check. The check does not perform a DNS lookup if the iPrint printer gateway autoload command's HOSTNAME field contains a DNS name instead of an IP address, even when the Appliance has the ability to resolve the DNS name properly.
StatusReported to Engineering
This has been reported to engineering.