Reflection Desktop (including Pro, for X, for IBM, or for UNIX and OpenVMS) 16.2 and higher
Opening a Reflection Desktop session file results in a "Could not open session document" message dialog box. This technical article documents basic troubleshooting steps to gather additional information which will help in resolving the issue.
1. Launch the Reflection Workspace.
2. Go to the File menu and select "Reflection Workspace Settings".
3. Under Workspace Settings, click Configure Workspace Attributes.
4. Select the check box for "Enable event logging".
5. Close the Reflection Workspace.
6. Launch the Reflection session file which causes the error.
7. When the error appears, locate the Workspace.log file in the C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Micro Focus\Reflection\Logs folder.
8. Open the Workspace.Log in Notepad.
9. Scroll to the end of the file looking for the message which appeared in the dialog box.
Typically there will be additional information about why the error occurred and why the session file failed to load.
Note: If necessary contact Micro Focus Customer Support for additional assistance.