Extra! X-treme version 9.x and higher
This technical note explains how to create a QuickPad in Extra! X-treme 9.x and higher.
How to create a new QuickPad with a macro attached:
1. From an Extra! display session, select Options.
2. Select Settings.
3. Select QuickPads.
4. Select New.
5. In the QuickPad Editor window, there is another smaller untitled window which will be used to create the new QuickPad.
6. On the Toolbar (or Mode menu), click on the Button icon to make a selection.
7. Release the mouse button.
8. Place the cursor in the untitled window, press the mouse button, then drag to size and release the mouse button to create the new button.
The text will say Button1.
9. Double-click on the Button.
There are 3 tabs in this window: Font, Action and Label.
These tabs can be used to customize and attach actions to the new button.
10. Select the Label Tab.
Type in the name for the new button.
11. Select the Action Tab.
12. Under Category, select Macros.
13. Under Commands, select Run Macro.
Click the Browse button and browse to the macro to be attached to the QuickPad button.
14. Click on the Font tab and make any desired selections.
This will affect the text that was entered in on the Label tab.
15. Click OK.
16. To change the title for the QuickPad itself, select Edit and QuickPad Properties.
17. In the Title box, type the name for the new QuickPad.
The background color for the button can also be changed in this window.
18. Click OK.
19. From the File menu, select Save.
Enter the name for the QuickPad.
20. This file saved by default to the ...\<user name>\Documents\Micro Focus\Extra!\Schemes folder.