- Access Manager 4.4
- Access Manager 4.5
- login as admin to iManager on your primary Access Manager Admin Console server
- click "Admin" on the right top corner of the page, and click Configure Console.
- Configure iManager
- Click iManager Server > Configure iManager
- Select Plug-in Download and select the Query Download site for new netiq Plug-in Modules (NPM)
- Click Save. This displays a message that the configuration is successful.
- Installing Plug-in:
- click Plug-in Installation > Available netiq Plug-in Modules
- select "Netiq iManager Password Management" only and click Install.
- select I agree and click OK.
- wait until the installation has been completed
- disable the "Plug-in Download and select the Query Download site for new netiq Plug-in Modules (NPM)"
- restart Administration Console after the installation is complete: service novell-ac restart
- re-login as Admin to your AC
- click "Admin" on the right top corner of the page, and click Manage Roles & Tasks.
- Assigning a Policy to an Object:
- select Passwords > Password Policies.
- create a new Password Policy providing a name of your Choice (e.g. Universal Password)
- select Yes on: "Would you like to enable Universal Password?" and keep all default settings
- assign the policy to a test user for testing.
- if all works fine you can assign the policy to either the admin use or even the "o=novell" container
NOTE: When you log in to Administration Console for the first time after setting the password policy and specify a new case-sensitive password, that password becomes your new password.