Micro Focus Filr 4.x
The upgrade from Filr 4.0 to 4.1 fails with the following observations:
- The update progress window appears for a few seconds, then stops.
- When going to the "Needed Patches" list, the 4.0.1, 4.0.2, and 4.0.3 updates still show as needing to be applied.
- The /var/log/zypp/history log doesn't show any entries which correlate to the time of the attempted upgrade.
Note 2: The Search Appliance server updates without issue. This problem is observed only with the Filr Appliance servers.
The Micro Focus Filr team is investigating this issue.
- Issue the following string of commands at a terminal session.
- If you want to use putty or other remote access tool and SSH has not been enabled, then
- go to https://<filr dns or ip>:9443
- Click the System Services tile
- Highlight SSH and choose Action -> Start
- rcfilr stop;zypper patch;rcfilr start
Note: The following zypper commands can be instructive to understanding the state of the registered update repositories:
- zypper pd
- View which product is installed
- zypper ref
- Ensure the registered repositories are refreshed
- zypper lu -t patch
- Display the available patches