After installing VHI 7.7 attempts to deploy a VHI model using activatemodel.sh via a Command-Line UNIX OS takes approximately one hour. The same VHI model and steps take less than 30 seconds when deployed via VHI 7.6.
random number generator used by Java needs to be changed from
"/dev/random" to "/dev/urandom" or a hardware random number
generator needs to be used.
1. Stop VHI (e.g. â/opt/microfocus/verastream/hostingetrator/bin/astart -stop mgmtserverâ)
2. Open the JREâs âjava.securityâ (default location â/opt/microfocus/verastream/jre/jdk-ver/jre/lib/security/â) file in an editor
3. Find the line âsecurerandom.source=file:/dev/randomâ
4. Change ârandomâ to âurandomâ
5. The line should now look like âsecurerandom.source=file:/dev/urandomâ
6. Save the file
7. Start VHI (e.g. â/opt/microfocus/verastream/hostingetrator/bin/astart -start mgmtserverâ)
8. Attempt to activate the model again