1) In SMG, there are two things that need to be done:
a) The email server's IP will need to be added to SMG's trusted relay list under Module management | Interfaces | SMTP Interface Manager | SMTP Interface | Relay/Host Protection | Allowed sources. Make sure 'Allow Relay' and 'Skip Conn. tests' are checked.
b) Set up a policy for outbound scanning. Most only do virus scanning, but other filters can be added if needed. Here are instructions for doing virus scanning only:
1) Under Org./policy management | Policy Management click on Add with wizard
2) Continue through the wizard:
- choose SMTP mail traffic
- check Outbound only
- check Detect Viruses by signature only
- uncheck Enable quarantine
- check message tracker.Save changes and click on the refresh icon, next to save changes disk.
3) Under policy scan config, the new Outbound Mail Filter policy should appear. Open it and delete the spam filter group and all the boxes that were linked to itSo it should look like this:
c) Under Org./Policy Management | Policy Management | Inbound Mail Filter Policy (or whatever it is named), check the box for 'Scan by message direction' and uncheck 'Handle outbound mail'.
2) The email server will need to route outbound email to SMG.
In GroupWise Administration | Internet Agents | SMTP/MIME | Settings | Relay Host for outbound messages: set to the GWAVA/Secure Messaging Gateway server.
In Exchange Admin Center | Mail flow | Send connectors set the send connector to route to the GWAVA/Secure Messaging Gateway server.