Secure Configuration Manager 7.0
Secure Configuration Manager 7.1
After upgrading from 7.0 to 7.1 SCM is not able to import a security check or policy template. This might happen if you are using any of the SQL Server versions or their service packs/cumulative updates.
Scenario 1: If the upgrade has not been performed.
Follow the steps below
Scenario 2: If the upgrade has already been performed.
1. Confirm if the issue is present in your upgraded system, you can check this by searching for one of the templates -
âCIS Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Benchmark v2.2.1 for Level 1 - Domain Controllerâ
2. If the template isnât present, perform a backup of Secure Configuration Manager data, refer Backing up Configuration Data Section in Installation Guide.
3. Execute this script against the VigilEnt database script
4. Download the patch from the following location: patch
5. Unzip the contents of the downloaded patch zip file to Core service Product folder ((Default Core service installation folder is C:\Program Files (x86)\NetIQ\Secure Configuration Manager\Core Services).
The downloaded patch zip file contains the following files:
â¢ ImportTemplatesAndChecks.bat fileâ¢ Policy Templates folderâ¢ Security Checks folderâ¢ Template Details folder