NetIQ Directory and Resource Administrator 126.96.36.199
When using the DRA 188.8.131.52 web console to create a new computer account, users are prompted for RIS settings.
When using the DRA 184.108.40.206 web console to create a new computer account, users are not able to submit the create computer form
When using the DRA 220.127.116.11 web console to create a new computer account, the apply button remains grayed out
There are a few different workarounds to the issue. These will need to be implemented on each IIS server.Option 1 - Create a custom computer create page
1. Logon to the Web Console as a DRA user with DRA Administration powers2. Use the Customization tab to access the web console customization options3. Select the Computer create object line, and then click the properties task button4. Remove the Remote Installation Services page from the left hand side5. Save the changes
Option 2 - Place any valid GUID format into the the Computerâs unique IDâ field
1. When in the computer create page, select the Remote Installation Services task2. Enable the This is a managed computer (RIS client) option3. Paste a valid formatted GUID within the Computer's unique ID field
Note: A list of sample GUIDs can be found via the help button below the field
Option 3 - Manually edit the create computer JSON file
1. Backup and then edit the existing C:\inetpub\wwwroot\DRAClient\components\lib\ui-templates\computer-create-pages.json file
2. On Line 65 change "useRegExValidation": true, to "useRegExValidation": false,
3. This changes lines 60-65 to:"label": "Computer's unique ID","dataField": "netbootGUID","required": true,"mandatory": true,"useRegExValidation": false,
Within DRA 18.104.22.168, there is an issue in which the settings for Remote Installation Services are incorrectly set to be validated. This occurs even if the check box for âWhen using the DRA 22.214.171.124 web console to create a new computer accountâ, is not enabled.
The information within this KB only applies to the DRA 9.2 Hotfix 1 published on Aug 23, 2018.
The files used within IIS for the DRA Web Console do not replicate globally. The changes within this KB must be manually replicated to all IIS Servers within your environment.