Micro Focus Filr Search appliance 3.0
Micro Focus Filr MySQL appliance 3.0
Note: An alternative method is to use a Subscription Management Tool (SMT) server.
- If SSH is not running, login to the Filr/Search/MySQL Appliance Configuration console (https://hostname:9443) and Start SSH from System Services.
- Using a SSH/SFTP client such as Bitvise SSH or WinSCP remote login to the Filr appliance as user "root".
- Launch YAST by entering command:
- Under "Network Services" select "Proxy", then specify:
a. Select "Enable Proxy".
b. Enter HTTP Proxy URL such as http://proxy1.website.com
c. Select "Use the Same Proxy for All Protocols".
d. If the Proxy server requires authentication, specify the "Proxy Username" and "Proxy Password".
e. Select "Test Proxy Settings" to confirm a connection can be made.
f. Select "Finish"
- Restart the server for changes to take effect.
With the proxy server configured, you can setup your Filr/Search/MySQL appliance to receive Online updates via the Appliance Configuration console (https://hostname:9443) > Online Update. Choose the "Micro Focus Customer Center" during registration. If you're still unable to register for Online Updates, please consult TID 7020906 for some additional steps.
TID 7020906 - Using a Proxy server Filr 3.0 Update Channel Registration fails with HTTP 500 Error