How to view the AD user object with an associated Exchange Resource Mailbox
How to configure DRA to list AD users with special mailbox types
- While logged on a user with DRA Administration power, launch the DRA Delegation and Configuration Console
- From the D&C console, ensure the console is connected to the Primary DRA Server
- Expand the Configuration Management node of the console
- Click once on the Administration Servers icon
- From the right hand window, choose the Update Administration Server options
- Once in the Administration Server options, open the client options section
- From the Client options window, place a check box in the option entitled : Show resource and shared mailboxes when searching for users
- Save the setting
- Close the DRA console
- Restart the NetIQ Administration Service
Once the above steps are completed, AD user objects with Resource or Shared Mailboxes will be visible when searching for users or all objects. This will then allow management of AD attributes specific to an AD user object.
The setting to enable user management is a global DRA setting. The Secondary DRA servers will be unaware of this setting until they have completed a successful MMS sync. The setting will apply to the Primary DRA Server, after the DRA Administration Service has been restarted.
The Shared Mailbox object type is only visible within the DRA Web Console. Within the Win32 console only the user object will be visible.
This KB applies only to the DRA version listed within the environment section.