The IP address on the SMG server needs to be changed.
Here are steps on how to change the IP address on a SMG server:
The server should now respond on the new IP address.
- Change the IP under the following two sections in the System Management web pagea. System Management | Manage Servers | <server.domain> | Connection address2. If using SMG on SLES do this:a) In VAAdmin Console (https://<SMG on SLES Appliance ip or dns>:9443), select Network.
d) Click Reboot on the top right to restart the server.
If using SMG on Ubuntu do this:a) Edit the interfaces file, located in /etc/network, with the new IP.
- Login to the server using Putty as the gwava user
- To gain root access type: sudo su (when prompted type in the gwava password)
- Change directories by typing: cd /etc/network
- Edit the interfaces file by typing: vi interfaces
- Hit the 'insert' key to edit the file
- Make the change to the IP
- Hit Esc, then type: :wqb) Reboot the server by typing: reboot