I need to change the IP address on my SMG server.
Here are steps on how to change the IP address on a SMG server:
The server should now respond on the new IP address.
- Change the IP under the following two sections in the System Management web pagea. System Management | Manage Servers | <server.domain> | Connection address2. Edit the interfaces file, located in /etc/network, with the new IP.
3. Reboot the server by typing: reboot
- Login to the server using Putty as the gwava user
- To gain root access type: sudo su (when prompted type in the gwava password)
- Change directories by typing: cd /etc/network
- Edit the interfaces file by typing: vi interfaces
- Hit the 'insert' key to edit the file
- Make the change to the IP
- Hit Esc, then type: :wq