This technical note outlines new features and resolved issues addressed in all versions of Reflection for UNIX (iOS/Android).
Note: To view of a list of frequently asked questions about Reflection for UNIX (iOS/Android), see KB 7022072.
Obtaining the Update
If you use an iPad or iPhone, search the Apple App Store on your device for "Reflection for UNIX." Alternatively, see https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/reflection-for-unix/id920472514?mt=8.
If you use an Android-powered device, search the Google Play Store on your device for "Reflection for UNIX." Alternatively, see https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=rTablet.Android&hl=en.
Reflection for UNIX currently supports:
- Apple iPad Mini, iPad Air, and iPad 2 models (running iOS 7 or higher). iPod touch is not currently supported.
- Apple iPhone 5, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 7, and iPhone 7 Plus
- Android-based tablets, phablets, and phones (running Android OS 4.2 âJelly Beanâ or higher)
Reflection for UNIX connects directly from your mobile device to your UNIX/Linux system.
Note: If you need a full-featured SSH client or server to run on other Windows or UNIX/Linux platforms, see Reflection for Secure IT product information at https://www.attachmate.com/products/reflection-security-it/.
Features and Resolved Issues
All previous features and fixes are included in the latest release. Note: For product lifecycle information, see https://support.microfocus.com/programs/lifecycle/version-status.html?RUNIX-MOBILEAPP.
Reflection for UNIX 1.6.1 (iOS edition) released September 2016. This release includes bug fixed for iOS 10.
Reflection for UNIX 1.6 (iOS and Android editions) released March 2016. Updates include:
- Fix for âUnable to resolve host addressâ error when attempting connection by IP address (instead of name) in certain network environments.
- Improved error messages for failed connection attempts.
Reflection for UNIX 1.5.1 (iOS edition) released February 2016. Updates include:
- Support for mixed case session names
- Cross-promotion for new âReflection for TN3270 and TN5250â app (see also https://support.microfocus.com/product/?prod=RMIBM)
- Bug fixes
Reflection for UNIX 1.5 released September 2015. Updates include:
- iOS 9 compatibility
- Stability improvements
Reflection for UNIX 1.4 released July 2015. Updates include:
- UI updates for smaller devices, such as iPhone 4s, as per user requests
- Stability improvements
Reflection for UNIX 1.3 released April 2015. Key features and resolved issues in version 1.3 include:
- iOS 8.3 compatibility
- Various bug fixes
Reflection for UNIX 1.2 released March 2015. Key features and resolved issues in version 1.2 include:
- Touch ID support (iOS only)
- IPv6 support
- Application PIN-Lock
- iPhone landscape mode
- Support low-res devices running Android 4.2 or later (down to 480x800)
- Various graphics display and positioning fixes
- Display of Key Type and Strength values fixed in portrait mode
- Various keyboard fixes (iOS only)
- Resolved connectivity issue (iOS only)
- Keybar popup removed during upgrade task (iOS only)
- Edit menu âSelectâ option fixed (iOS 8 only)
- Switching protocol no longer causes app to crash (iOS 8 only)
- Device rotation no longer causes app to crash (iOS 8.1.2 only)
- Keyboard rotation fixed (Android only)
- Google Play security warning addressed (Android only)
- Tapping gear icon no longer resets identity (Android only)
Reflection for UNIX 1.1 released December 2014. Key features and resolved issues in version 1.1 include:
- Added support for iPhone 5 or higher
- Added support for Android 5.0 "Lollipop"
- Pinch and zoom support
- Auto Size and AutoWrap
- Improved stability on iOS 7.1
- Improved stability reconnecting to slower hosts
- Fixed issue with sessions displaying after rotating to landscape (iOS 8 only)
- The Session Switcher icon now displays double digit numbers (iOS only)
- Rows and columns now display toast when pinching and zooming
- Fixed issue with changing font size causing screen to render incorrectly
- Key can now be uploaded to host even in identity has not been saved
- Fixed issue with setting font size (Android only)
- Improved SSH connection reliability (Android 5.0 only)
Reflection for UNIX 1.0 released October 2014. Key features in version 1.0 include:
- ConnectBox for quick access to your hosts
- Multiple SSH authentication methods
- Multiple simultaneous terminal connections
- Configurable Keybar for quick access to common administrator keys
- Configurable colors