This technical note provides a brief overview of how to install or upgrade an existing installation to DATABridge Host 6.0.
For detailed host installation instructions, see the DATABridge Host Administration Guide:
Before You Install or Upgrade
Before you install or upgrade DATABridge Host 6.0, determine the usercode and pack:
- Usercode (a privileged usercode is suggested, along with access to database description file)
- Pack (usually default pack)
For more information about usercodes and packs, see "Installation and Guardfile Setup" in the DATABridge Host Administration Guide.
If you are upgrading, be aware of the following:
- Some files are overwritten by the installation. For details, see âInstallation and Guardfile Setupâ in the DATABridge Host Administrator Guide.
- When the installation is complete, you must recompile your tailored support libraries.
- You can use your DATABridge 5.2 Accessory parameter files with the DATABridge 6.0 Accessories. To use any of the new options, type them in your parameter file.
Copy DATABridge Installation WFL
You can begin the DATABridge installation either from a CD or a disk. Then, you will continue the installation by copying the DATABridge installation WFL (work flow language) to the host.
To install from a CD:
- Enter the following command:
WFL UNWRAP *WFL/DATABRIDGE/INSTALL AS WFL/DATABRIDGE/INSTALL OUTOF *CDINSTALL FROM DB60C (KIND=CDROM)
- Continue with the steps to Start the DATABridge Installation WFL.
To install from a disk:
- Open a command window: Start > Run, then type cmd.
- In the command window, enter the commands below to upload DISKINSTALL and IMAGE as binary. As you enter the commands,
- Replace <host ip address>, <userid>, and <password> with the correct values for your environment.
- Press Enter after each command.
C:\ftp <host ip address>
- Enter the following WFL command to unwrap the DATABridge installation:
WFL UNWRAP *=AS= OUTOF DISKINSTALL TO DISK(PACK, RESTRICTED = FALSE)
- If this is a new installation, continue with the steps to Start the DATABridge Installation WFL.
If you are upgrading, first back up the Data/Engine/Control directory, in case problems exist with new keys. Then, continue with the steps to Start the DATABridge Installation WFL.
Start the DATABridge Installation WFL
- Start the DATABridge Installation WFL by entering the following command:
During installation, respond with "OK<Transmit>" and enter DATABridge keys when prompted.
- Create a custom library by entering the following command, replacing <databasename> with your value:
COPY DATA/GENFORMAT/SAMPLE/CONTROL AS DATA/GENFORMAT/<databasename>/CONTROL
If this is a new installation, proceed to step 3.
If you are upgrading, enter the following command, replacing <usercode>, <databasename>, and <pack> with your values:
START WFL/DATABRIDGE/COMP ("SUPPORT", "(<usercode>)<databasename> on <pack>")
Then, skip to step 5.
- For a new installation, create a new DBServer Accessory file by entering the following command:
COPY DATA/SERVER/SAMPLE/CONTROL AS DATA/SERVER/CONTROL
- For a new installation, edit the DBServer Accessory Parameter File:
- Change SOURCE <datasourcename> to the name of the datasource that the client uses.
- Optional: Change TCP/IP Port = 5000 to the port you are using (the default is 5000).
- Change Database = DESCRIPTION/<databasename> ON <packname> to reflect the usercode/location of the description file for the database to be cloned.
- To enable DATABridge Plus software, execute the following command, replacing <usercode> and <pack> with your values:
SL DBAUDITSUPPORT=(<usercode>)OBJECT/DATABRIDGE/AUDITSUPPORT ON <pack>:TRUSTED,LINKCLASS=3
- Start the DATABridge Server.
If you are upgrading, you must restart the server.