Microsoft Access uses the same file extension that INFOConnect uses for session files (.ADP), which can result in extension conflicts. For example, when HLLAPI tries to start sessions, Microsoft Access (included with Microsoft Office) starts instead of Accessory Manager. To avoid extension conflicts, you can configure INFOConnect to use a different file extension as the default.
Change the Default File Extension Locally
- In the Accessory Manager, click Options > Global Preferences.
- In the Global Preferences dialog box, on the General tab, type the new default file extension in the Assign new file extension box, and then click OK.
- Restart the Accessory Manager.
Any new sessions that the current user creates will use this file extension.
Deploy a New Default File Extension for Sessions
The following procedure outlines a customized installation, which requires the Attachmate Customization Tool. For more information about this tool, see page 30 in the INFOConnect Enterprise Edition Product Guide, included with version 9.1 or higher:
- From a command line, open the Attachmate Customization Tool:
- From the navigation pane, on the left, select Modify application settings.
- From the Application Settings list on the right, select INFOConnect CIW and then click Modify.
- In the INFOConnect Custom Application Settings wizard, type a description, and then click Next.
- Continue through the wizard, selecting the settings you need.
- On the Customize General Global Preferences page, for File Extension, type a new file extension.
- Complete the remaining pages of the wizard, and then click Finish.