Reflection PKI Services Manager
This technical note describes how to configure Reflection X Advantage to meet to meet the Department of Defense (DOD) Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) requirements.
Note: PKI support in Reflection X Advantage is provided by PKI Services Manager, a free add-on utility that provides X.509 certificate validation services. The procedures linked to below include instructions for configuring both Reflection X Advantage and PKI Services Manager. The Reflection X Advantage 5.1 procedures linked to below also apply to version 5.0. The PKI Services Manager 1.3 procedure applies to all supported versions.
To configure Reflection X Advantage and PKI Services Manager to meet Department of Defense PKI requirements:
- Install PKI Services Manager and configure Reflection X Advantage to connect to PKI Services Manager:
- Configure Reflection X Advantage for host authentication using certificates:
- Configure PKI Services Manager to run in DOD PKI mode:
- Configure Reflection X Advantage to run in FIPS mode using the Preferences dialog box:
- Configure Reflection X Advantage for user certificate authentication using either of the following certificate stores:
Using the Reflection X Advantage Store:
Using smart cards or other PKCS#11-compliant devices: