This technical note describes how to specify a non-default data folder for Reflection X Advantage. Instructions provided here are for standalone (default) Reflection X Advantage installations running on Windows platforms.
Customize the Data Folder
The default data folder location depends on your version of Reflection X Advantage:
Reflection X Advantage 5.1 and higher (new installs):
Reflection X Advantage 4.x and 5.0 (and upgrades to these versions):
Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\.attachmate\rx\
Subfolders within this folder include the âdbâ folder (which contains the Reflection X Advantage database) and the âlogsâ folder. Depending on your configuration, additional subfolders may also be present.
Use this procedure to configure a non-default data folder location. For this customization you will modify a file called rxmgr.alp.
- Close X Manager if it is running.
- Navigate to the Reflection X Advantage installation folder (typically C:\Program Files\Micro Focus\Reflection or C:\Program Files\Attachmate\Reflection).
- Locate rxmgr.alp and remove the read-only attribute from this file. (Right-click, select Properties, clear the âRead-onlyâ checkmark, then click OK.)
- Open rxmgr.alp in a text editor, such as Notepad.
- Modify the âalp.java.command.options=â entry by adding the following:
alp.java.command.options=-server -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode -XX:NewSize=64m -Xms256m -Xmx1024m -Dsun.java2d.d3d=false -Drx.rxmgr.db.home="C:\rxadatabase"
- Save and close the file.
- (Optional) Restore the read-only attribute.
- Based on whether or not you want to use default settings or your existing settings do one of the following:
To use default settings:
Start X Manager. Reflection X Advantage will create the new directory if it doesnât already exist and create all required files.
To use your existing settings:
Locate the default data folder. Copy the cache, conf, db, logs, and migration subfolders (if present) and all of their contents to the new data folder. Then start X Manager.
Note: Other subfolders in the default data folder may be present. These are used by other Reflection applications, including the Reflection Workspace, the Reflection FTP Client, and additional Reflection utilities. Changing the rxmgr.alp file does not affect the data location used by these applications.
Installing Newer Versions After You Customize the Data Folder
The rxmgr.alp file is replaced with a new, default file each time you install an upgrade. For details about upgrading after you have edited rxmgr.alp, see KB 7021824.