Reflection for IBM version 14.x
Reflection for UNIX and OpenVMS version 14.x
Reflection for Secure IT Windows Client version 7.2 or higher
This technical note describes how to apply a Reflection service pack or patch to an administrative installation, as well as how to upgrade your workstations from the administrative installation point.
Note the following:
- Administrative rights are required to download and install the Reflection service pack or patch.
- You must have access to the Reflection administrative installation point in order to apply the Reflection service pack or patch. Furthermore, the service pack or patch(es) must be applied to the appropriate version of Reflection. For more information about what Reflection product version is required for your service pack or patch, see the Readme or refer to the related technical notes listed at the end of this note.
- Do not patch the administrative installation while users are running Reflection "from the network."
To patch the administrative installation, follow the steps below.
- Download the service pack or patch file.
- Close all running applications so that system files can be updated if needed.
- Using Windows Explorer, locate the downloaded Reflection patch file and double-click the file. After the file "unpacks" itself in your Temp folder, the Reflection Patching Utility dialog box appears.
- In the âApply patch toâ section, select "An Administrative installation on a server." Browse to the administrative installation location and select the Reflection MSI Installer Package. (The name of the MSI file varies depending on the product name and version, for example, ud141ilc.msi or sx141ilc.msi.)
- When the patching process is complete, an informational message appears indicating the status of the patching process. This message will display "The patch was applied successfully." (If problems occur, locate the patch log file in the userâs temporary folder. The generated log file name will begin with atmpatch.)
To upgrade workstations from an administrative installation point
After the service pack or patch has been applied to the administrative installation, workstations can be upgraded to the newer version of Reflection. To upgrade Reflection workstations from patched administrative installation, you must run the following command line parameter at each workstation:
msiexec /fvomus <path>\<Reflect.msi>
The <path> parameter must conform either to a UNC path or a mapped drive character shared by all workstations. <Reflect.msi> represents the specific MSI package for your product.
The example below uses a UNC path and the Reflection Installer Package for Reflection Suite for X version 14.1:
msiexec /fvomus \\MyServer\MyPath\sx141ilc.msi
To install Reflection from an administrative installation point
If the workstation has not had Reflection previously installed, you can install Reflection as you would a new installation by running Setup.exe from the administrative installation point or creating a shortcut.
For more information about creating a shortcut to deploy Reflection, see https://docs.attachmate.com/reflection/14.1/deploy.pdf.