Reflection for IBM version 14.x
Reflection for UNIX and OpenVMS version 14.x
Reflection for Secure IT Windows Client version 7.2 or higher
This technical note describes how to apply a service pack or patch to a workstation installation of Reflection.
Before applying a Reflection service pack or patch, note the following:
- Administrative rights are required to download and install the service pack or patch.
- You must have the appropriate Reflection version installed in order to apply the Reflection service pack or patch.
- You may require access to the original installation files â either the CD or Administrative installation point, depending on the original installation type.
To apply a Reflection patch to a workstation installation
Follow the steps below to apply a service pack or patch to a workstation installation of Reflection.
- Download the patch file.
- Close all running applications so that system files can be updated if needed.
- Using Windows Explorer, locate the downloaded Reflection service pack or patch file and double-click the file. After the files needed to install the patch are extracted, the Patch Utility dialog box appears.
- In the Patch Destination panel, select "Local Installation on this workstation" and click Next. Click Next once again to confirm the patch destination and apply the patch.
Note: While upgrading the product, you may be prompted for the original source media. If prompted, the upgrade will need to access the original installation package. The prompt says: "The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not available. Insert the Reflection disk and click OK." There is also a Browse button that can be used to browse to a network location of the CD image. Insert the CD or browse to the folder where the *.msi file is located and click OK. (The name of the .MSI file varies depending on the product, for example, mp141ilc.msi or sx141ilc.msi.)
- When the patching process is complete, an informational message appears indicating the status of the patching process. This message will display, "The patch was applied" if the installation was successful. (If problems occur, locate the patch log file, Wrqpatch.log, created in each user's temporary folder.)
If you receive the following error when attempting to apply a Reflection service pack or patch, please contact Technical Support, https://support.microfocus.com/contact/:
Error 1328: Error applying patch to file C:\Config.Msi\xxxx.tmp. It has probably been updated by other means, and can no longer be modified by this patch. For more information contact your patch vendor.
Saving an *.msp File for Later Application
Alternatively, you can select "Select to a file (*.msp) for later application" in the Attachmate Reflection patch dialog box if you want to save the file and construct your own msiexec command line (with /p option) to apply the patch.
For more information about installing a *.msp file, see KB 7021467.
For a list of Msiexec command line options, see the Microsoft (MSDN) Article http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/Aa367988.aspx.