When running Verastream Host Integrator (VHI) Web Builder on newer Windows platforms, .NET projects may fail to build or run.
Note: Beginning in VHI version 7.5, the HTML 5 Web Application project type, which is platform and technology independent, is available in Web Builder. The .NET and Java Web Application project types are still available but deprecated on the Legacy tab.
When running VHI Web Builder on Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, or Windows Vista, you may see an error when building or running a .NET project.
After successfully building a .NET web application project, you may see the following IIS runtime error when the web application is launched:
HTTP Error 403.14 - Forbidden
The Web server is configured to not list the contents of this directory.
When building a .NET web service project (created in version 6.6 or earlier), you may see a build error similar to the following:
Reason: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\Program Files\VHI\projects\MyModel\build.xml:24: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\Program Files\VHI\projects\MyModel\build.xml:63: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\Program Files\VHI\projects\MyModel\build.xml:115: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\Program Files\VHI\projects\MyModel\build.xml:132: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\Program Files\VHI\projects\MyModel\build.xml:138: Can't get http://localhost/MyModel/MyModel.asmx?wsdl to C:\Program Files\VHI\projects\MyModel\wsdl\MyModel.wsdl
To install IIS with ASP.NET, follow these steps:
- In Control Panel, open Programs (or Programs and Features) > Turn Windows features on or off. On Windows Server 2008, use Manage Server to Add a Role to install IIS.
- Expand Internet Information Services > Web Management Tools by clicking the "+" icons.
- Enable IIS 6 Management Compatibility by clicking the check box. Note: The filled box indicates that the feature is partially enabled, which is sufficient; it is not necessary to select all subcomponents. (Enabling this feature avoids the error described in KB 7021546.)
- Expand Internet Information Services > World Wide Web Services > Application Development Features.
- Enable ASP.NET by selecting the check box. Dependent features are automatically enabled.
- Click OK. The features are installed.
- When the installation is complete, re-build and/or re-deploy your .NET project. Note: If Windows User Account Control is enabled, you must run Web Builder version 7.0 and earlier as an administrator. (This is not necessary in version 7.1; the iisdeploy.exe utility will prompt you to run as administrator.)