Reflection for UNIX and OpenVMS 2008
Reflection Standard Suite 2008
Reflection for IBM 2007
Microsoft Windows Server 2003
Citrix MetaFrame Presentation Server version 4
This technical note explains how to install and publish Reflection 2008 or 2007 to a Windows 2003 Terminal Server with Citrix MetaFrame Presentation Server 4.0.
Note: This note assumes that Citrix is installed and configured in your network environment. For information about implementing a Citrix server and installing and publishing applications in a Citrix Presentation Server environment, please refer to the Citrix documentation at http://www.citrix.com.
Installing Reflection 2008 or 2007 Executables
Install Reflection to the Citrix server. Note: Before installing Reflection, we recommend that you close all applications, including the Independent Computing Architecture (ICA) Toolbar.
To install the Reflection executable files, follow the steps below.
- At your Windows 2003 Server console, log in as an Administrator. From the Windows Control Panel, double-click Add/Remove Programs, and then click Add New Programs.
- When prompted to Install Program from Floppy Disk or CD-ROM, insert the Reflection CD if you have one, and click Next.
- When prompted to Run Installation Program, browse to and double-click Setup.exe.
Note: If you are installing Reflection from a network location, use a UNC path to access the installation files, not a mapped drive letter.
UNC path syntax: \\<servername>\<path>
Installing from a mapped drive may generate a Microsoft Windows installation error similar to the following: "Error 2755. The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package."
- When the Reflection Wizard opens, carefully read all messages, warnings, and instructions presented, and then click Continue.
- Note the following prior to installing Reflection:
User Information Tab: VPA NumberâDuring installation, you may enter your Attachmate volume purchase agreement (VPA) number on the User Information tab.
File Location Tab: Accept the default install location, <Windows server drive>:\Program Files\Attachmate\Reflection.
Feature Selection Tab: Accept the default feature selections for use in a Citrix environment.
Advanced Tab: Select the "Install to this PC" option.
Click Install Now. If you have questions about this process, please contact Technical Support; see https://support.microfocus.com/contact/.
Publishing Reflection Applications
Follow the steps below to publish the Reflection executable files to the Citrix MetaFrame Presentation Server environment.
Note: These steps refer to Citrix MetaFrame Presentation Server 4.0. The same concepts and settings apply to Citrix MetaFrame Presentation Server 3.x, but the steps may be slightly different. Please refer to your Citrix MetaFrame documentation for further details.
- Click Start > Programs > Citrix> MetaFrame Presentation Server > Presentation Server Console.
- Log in to the console, and then click Actions > New > Published Application.
- In the Application Publishing Wizard dialog box, enter a Display Name and Application Description, and the click Next.
- In the Specify What to Publish dialog box:
- Click Browse (below the Command Line entry field), navigate to the Reflection installation directory (<Metadrive>:\Program Files\Attachmate\Reflection2007, by default), select the Reflection EXE file, Attachmate.Emulation.Frame.exe, and click OK.
- Clear the Working Directory box.
- Click Next.
- Select the applicable neighborhood settings for your environment, and then click Next.
Note: If you do not select one of the Application Shortcut Placement options, the user will see the Reflection icons only after they log in to the Citrix Program Neighborhood. This can be useful in a high-security environment where workstations do not display a Start Menu or Client desktop.
- Make the following selections in the Specify Application Appearance dialog box:
- Change the Session Window Size to 1024 x 768.
- Change the Colors to High Color (16 bit).
- Click Next.
- Specify the settings appropriate for your network environment in the Client Requirements, Application Limits, and Access Control dialog boxes, clicking Next as you complete your selections in each dialog box.
- In the Specify Users dialog box, select the Trusted Domain where your user and group accounts are located, click Add, and then click Next.
Note: If there is more than one server in your server farm, install Reflection to the servers where you have Load Balancing enabled.
- Choose the accounts or groups who should have access to Reflection (typically Domain Users), click Add, and then click Next.
- Specify the .rd3x file extension if you want users to be able to launch Reflection from settings files, and then click Finish.
The Reflection application should now appear in the console with Type set to Explicit, and State set to Enabled.
Note: If you are unable to see your published applications on the device where the ICA connection resides, follow these steps:
- Open the Citrix Program Neighborhood and click Find New Application Set.
- Navigate to the Server Location, which defaults to "auto-detect."
- Change the Server Location to the IP Address for the Citrix Server you are connecting to. Click Next twice, and then click Finish.
When you refresh the Citrix Program Neighborhood you should now see all of your published applications.