Reflection Desktop for IBM
Reflection Desktop Pro
Reflection Desktop for UNIX and OpenVMS
InfoConnect Desktop Pro for Unisys
InfoConnect Desktop for Unisys
InfoConnect Desktop Pro for Airlines
InfoConnect Desktop for Airlines
Reflection Pro 2014
Reflection for IBM 2014
Reflection for UNIX and OpenVMS 2014
Reflection Standard Suite 2011 R1 SP1 or higher
Reflection for IBM 2011 R1 SP1 or higher
Reflection for UNIX and OpenVMS 2011
This technical note describes how to enable the internal logging engine in Reflection and InfoConnect Desktop, which can be helpful for troubleshooting problems such as host session loading errors.
Enabling and Viewing Logs
To enable and view logging, follow these steps:
- Open the Reflection or InfoConnect Workspace and go to the Workspace Settings > Configure Workspace Attributes.
- Under Logging, check the box that says âEnable event loggingâ as shown below:
- Close the entire Workspace.
The next steps depend on which product you are using.
Reflection Desktop or InfoConnect Desktop Products
Beginning in version 16.0, the log is output as a text file.
- Re-open the Workspace and a host session. Perform the action you want to log.
- The log file called âworkspace.logâ will be automatically created and stored in the C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Micro Focus\Reflection\Logs folder by default. A text editor can be used to examine these files for detailed events.
Reflection 2014 or 2011 Products
In Reflection 2014 or 2011, information is output to the Windows event log.
- In the Reflection installation folder (typically C:\Program Files (x86)\Attachmate\Reflection), open the Attachmate.Emulation.Frame.exe.config file in a text editor (running as Administrator if on Windows 7 or later) and change the EventViewerLog value from 1 to 4.
<add name="EventViewerLog" value="4" />
- Re-open the Reflection Workspace and a host session. Perform the action you want to log.
- In the Windows Start menu Search box, enter eventviewer to open the Windows Event Viewer.
- Under Applications and Services Logs, select Reflection Workspace to view the captured log entries.
To perform a host session trace or HLLAPI trace, see KB 7021506.