Reflection X 2014
Reflection Pro 2014
Reflection for IBM 2014
Reflection for UNIX and OpenVMS 2014
Reflection for Secure IT Windows Client version 7.2 SP2 or higher
Reflection for Secure IT Windows Server version 8.0 or higher
Extra! X-treme version 9.2 SP1 or higher
InfoConnect version 9.1 or higher
Verastream Host Integrator version 7.6 or higher
When attempting to install a product or update (located on a network file share) on Windows, Setup may not run, with no error displayed. This technical note provides solutions to this issue.
This issue is indicated by all of the following symptoms:
- You are attempting to run a downloaded package file or Setup.exe from a network file share (whether mapped drive or UNC path).
- The installation fails to run. There is no error displayed, no evidence that the process starts, and no message generated in Windows Event Viewer.
- The product file was released after March 2015 (regardless of whether it is a trial evaluation product, licensed product, service pack, hotfix, or other update).
This issue is known to occur on Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, and Windows Vista systems that do not apply the latest Windows Updates.
To resolve this issue, do one of the following:
- Copy the file to your local drive to run it.
- Or, install the appropriate Windows Update on your system:
- Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/security/3033929
- Windows XP and Windows Server 2003: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/security/ms13-095.aspx
- Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2763674