GWAVA 6 and Up
Running on Linux
When trying to log in to the GWAVA Management Web page getting a Postgres warning instead of the log in screen.
Usually, when this happens Postgres is either not running or was started after GWAVA. The best thing to do is the following:
1) Stop Postgres: rcpostgresql-9.1 stop
2) Stop GWAVA: rcgwavaman stop
3) Kill any GWAVA processes that wouldn't unload by doing the following:
a) Type: ps ax | grep gwava
b) For each module running kill their PID number by typing: kill -9 <PID> <PID>
For example: kill -9 5741 5753 5755
4) Start Postgres by typing: rcpostgresql-9.1 startYou should be able to access the GWAVA Management Web Page now.
5) Start GWAVA by typing: rcgwavaman start
6) Open a browser and go to http://serverIP:49282 (if you already have this open make sure to remove everything after the port).
This article was originally published in the GWAVA knowledgebase as article ID 2162.