Reload (all versions)
A customer's Reload backup job for a particular profile had been running for several days and appeared stalled. When checking for running processes (ps aux), there are a large number of bash scripts (/bin/bash -c) or Reload scripts (gre_*.sh).
There are many reasons this can occur, but one of the typical reasons is a network interruption during a backup job. Regardless, the job has obviously stalled and not progressed, so how does a customer get things cleared out so a new job can be started?
1. Go into the Reload administration console and clear the queue and stop the backup job.Now you can start a new backup job.
2. Exit the Reload admin console.
3. At the command prompt, type: dreload stop
4. Change to /opt/beginfinite/reload/ directory.
5. Remove the proc directory: rm -r proc. Reload will re-create it the next time a job runs.
6. Reboot the Reload server.
This article was originally published in the GWAVA knowledgebase as article ID 2196.